The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Twenty Three

There’s nothing really monumental with turning twenty three. No new legal rights are accorded to me, and I’m still subject to my mum’s micromanagement. There are some minor shifts in opinion though. For one thing, I’m now flattered every time I’m asked to show an id when I watch R18 films, or get the why-the-hell-is-she-sitting-on-the-teacher’s-table look during the first day of class. I used to hate those circumstances, but now, I savor them. After all, I recently got into the Louvre for free because I am “under 18”.

I’m not really big on parties and dinners, but this year, I believe I have a reason to celebrate, unlike the previous years. After talking to a bunch of friends from one social circle to another, I realized that my life is actually in order. I enjoy what I do for a living, I have something to look forward to in September and my dad just promised to buy me a new laminator. Most importantly, my close friends just did an incredible job in making me feel special and appreciated. Hearing heartening “testimonials” from people that matter best caps my 22nd year and gives a very promising start to my 23rd. Even going to Manchester can’t beat that. What’s more is exciting though, is knowing full well that the best is yet to come. Cheers to everyone who remembered, and even to those who didn’t ;p


Birthday eve, waiting for midnight at Paseo Uno with Jean, Midge and Len (not in picture).

6 Comments:

  • I've been thinking of the best entry i can post on my livejournal to greet you, but I keep on staring blankly on the screen due to lack of creativity *____*

    But hey, I'm glad you're really happy today. Pareeehhh, dapat lang. You deserve all the (long overdue) happiness in this world.

    Thank you for offering the sincerest friendship I can never get from anyone else. Here's to more of those chats, rants and wishful thinking about the crrraaazy world. ;) *ONE GIANT HUG*

    -Jonats, only 20 years old

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:00 AM  

  • Thanks for all your help. I am eternally grateful for your birth. :P

    Good luck with everything you're looking forward to.

    -Nico, only 20 years old as well

    (Although people don't ask for my ID when I go into R-18 movies anymore. Crap.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

  • To the one person in the world whose pedestal will survive an Al-Qaeda bombing,

    In celebration of your existence, I propose a "Let's Hug Neeks Day." May all future worries be Chased away.

    Here's to another year (I'm going to get the British Council to reject your visa) of cheeseburgers, gay flicks, and the eternal hunt for the perfect pair of wedges.

    Love, love, love,

    Pat (also only 20 years old and will always be at least two years younger.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 PM  

  • Putangina ng mga bente palang!

    By Blogger sabine.strohem, at 2:40 PM  

  • what??!#@? you have a birthday??!

    darned disappointed with you kiddo...you shouldn't have one..goddesses are immortal, they aren't born..

    **guilty** for not greeting you just the same on your bday...am bad with dates, worse with names.

    ollie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 PM  

  • i can't believe ang conyo natin.. "waiting for midnight at Paseo Uno". wahahahahah! :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home